Even if your organization has experience with Canadian Life Sciences regulations, Canada’s market framework can be overwhelming; and entering the Canadian marketplace can be a significant undertaking.
For companies looking to set up new operations in Canada, acquire a Canadian company or launch a new product here, Fasken Martineau’s Life Sciences group can help navigate the many legal, regulatory and transactional issues you’ll face north of the border.
Healthcare products are subject to a variety of government-imposed labeling and monitoring requirements; there are also a range of privacy, advertising and promotional regulations to navigate, not to mention various corporate, employment and taxation laws.
Our Life Sciences group has deep experience in helping foreign-based drug, medical device, cosmetic and food companies enter the Canadian market.
We take pride in understanding your business needs; and because many of our attorneys hold advanced degrees in pharmacology, chemistry and genetics (among others), we understand your science too.
How can we help?
- Regulatory compliance
- Pricing and reimbursement
- Advertising and promotion
- Commercial contracts and outsourcing
- Health law and patient privacy
- Capital raising, M&A and taxation
- Litigation (including product liability)
- Intellectual property (including protection strategies and patent litigation)
- Licensing, joint venture and partnership agreements
- Corporate governance and anti-corruption