Fasken is pleased to release its Canadian Proxy Contest Study - 2018 Update.
Our 2018 Update offers a review of proxy contest activity in Canada over the past year.
Highlights from the 2018 Update include:
- The number of formal proxy contests held steady.
- Dissidents ended management’s three-year winning streak.
- Solicitations by public broadcast remained relatively infrequent.
- Micro-cap companies remained the focus of the action.
- Institutional activists came off the sidelines and had some success.