Fasken’s Global Mining Group invites you to attend our series of seminars during the PDAC 2018. Each session will feature lawyers from our global offices as well as notable guest speakers from the international mining arena. We look forward to seeing you at any or all of the following sessions.
Thursday, March 1, 2018
- A Dialogue on Mining Policies and the results of the annual Survey of Mining Companies from Canada’s Number One Think Tank, The Fraser Institute
- Drilling Down on At-The-Market Offerings to Raise Capital in Canada
Friday, March 2, 2018
- Miners (not that kind), Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Selected Tax Topics of Interest to the Mining Industry: Treaty shopping - from MIL to MLI; and Overview of tax consequences of streaming and royalty arrangements
- Mining Update and Trends in Argentina, Ecuador and Bolivia
Monday, March 5, 2018
- UNDRIP and Mining Industry
- Anodes and Cathodes and Magnets, Oh My! Is the Electric Vehicle Just a Wizard of Oz or will it Grant the Mining Industry its Wish?
- Mining in Morocco: An Update on Trends & Opportunities Four Years After the Mining Code's Reform
- Teaming Up to Mine Technology…
Intellectual Property Implications in Co-development Arrangements
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Business and Human Rights Update: Legal and Policy Developments
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is coming … Are you ready to rock?
- Update on South Africa: A Discussion with the Department of Mineral Resources and delegates from the Republic of South Africa
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 700 lawyers and 10 offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We solve the most complex business challenges, providing exceptional value and putting clients at the centre of all we do. For additional information, please visit our website at fasken.com.